Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She has not been eating but drinking water it has been hot

She has not been eating but drinking water it has been hot here in California so we were thinking it was the heat but it has cooled down and she still is not eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Diamond. 6 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Diamond?
Customer: I have been mixing dry and can food and she ate it for several days and then 2 days ago she did not eat the mix

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- Any other symptoms besides not eating?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No vomiting or diarrhea
Sleeping a lot not perky
No

1- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

2- Can you take her rectal temperature?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her gums are pink

Can you take her rectal temperature?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I can not

Friend, I am sorry your dog is not feeling well. In response to your question, lethargy and decreased appetite are very non-specific symptoms and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect dogs. Possible causes could be anemia, infections, ingestion of a foreign body, kidney or liver disease, etc. to name a few causes. On history only I will not be able to pinpoint the exact underlying cause, I am sorry.
In this case, your dog will need a hands on examination by a veterinarian, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as an initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. If cost is a concerned I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter