Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Ihave tried all the dog food from from the most expensive to…

Customer Question
Ihave tried all the...

Ihave tried all the dog food from from the most expensive to the Dollar General Brands. He will not eat enough to even buy it. He is not poor but not as fat as I like to see. I would love to see him enjoy his food. Any suggestions?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** is 9 months old. Australian Sheppard

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Barney?

No we have gotten all his shots and starting him on heart worm meds Saturday.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 11 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry to see Barney has you concerned. I would like to assist you.

There is one brand of food I would like to suggest the formula used in human grade food and looks good enough to eat. They have various flavors. I would trie the canned formula first. It is Merricks Brand Dog Food. I have seen the pickiest eater chow down and look for more/ THis is a link to read about the food:

https://www.merrickpetcare.com/

If you do not mind giving it a try, this may be the answer to your Dog Food dilema. Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Wanted to see if you tried the Merricks food and have any luck with your dog eating it.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917