Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

6 week old puppy. Came home to find her lethargic. She then

Customer Question

6 week old puppy. Came home to find her lethargic. She then had a seizure and diarrhea and then perked up then ran around, bumping into walls and whining. She has been confined but is still very uncomfortable and is whining.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Her name is***** is a pomeranian
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gidget?
Customer: I bottle raised her and her siblings. I have her brother here as well, he seems to be ok but I am very concerned that he may fall ill as well
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. I definitely would be concerned about the symptoms you see. It may have been low blood sugar, but I would be concerned about a liver problem called a portosystemic shunt, which is more common in small breed puppies. A toxin ingestion and distemper viral infection are possible causes as well. Either way, I would get her to your vet ASAP. Small breed puppies this young have a very difficult time compensating for illnesses. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Gidget is doing and to see if you have any other questions.