Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has Osteosarcoma. Had a tumor removed from her hip and…

Customer Question
She has Osteosarcoma. Had...

She has Osteosarcoma. Had a tumor removed from her hip and radiation. And now it has started to spread to lungs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Luxy, she's an 8yr old Italian Mastiff. We have her on a low to no carb diet. Just meat and veggies along with IP-6

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

She's also on Palladia. She is not yet showing any signs of the lung cancer, not coughing or shortness of breathe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She's lost weight. Was 135lbs and down to 120lbs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

What questions can I help address for you today?

I'm on info overload between modern med. and holistic. My question is do you have any advice regarding either curing or extending the life of my dog? The meds she's on include pain meds (4 diff ones), Palladia chemo drug and holistically she's getting shark cartilage, IP-6, curcumin, no carb (meat n veggies) diet, and probiotics. She just had radiation on 9/8 and 9/11. My next mission is Artemisinin but not until radiation is further away. Thanks.

I am going to opt out and allow one of our other experts to step in. I do not have experience with Artemisinin directly, unfortunately.