Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is 15 and is dying of congestive heartfailour. How…

Customer Question
My dog is 15 and...
My dog is 15 and is dying of congestive heartfailour. How much Ambien can I give her to help her have a peaceful death. She weighs 31/2 lbs.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer, this medication is not approved for euthanasia in animals. We use injectable medications for euthanasia. Would you like my help finding a location to have this service provided, such as a mobile vet to come to your home?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Chasie. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy