Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She's a puppy and ingested a little bit of corn Cobb

Customer Question

She's a puppy and ingested a little bit of corn Cobb yesterdat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: frankie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Frankie?
Customer: Just that she's a small puppy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, again, I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How big was the piece she ate?

2- How much does Frankie weigh?

3- How old is Frankie?

4- Is she showing any symptoms today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1- she was chewing on a 3 inch piece she maybe ingested an inch of it in pieces? Age vomitted some chunks of it around 4 am
2- six to seven pounds
3-4 months
4- just the committing at 4 am, she was eating and drinking earlier. She's sleeping now which I'm scared is signs if lethargy but it's also 5 am here
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, if she broke it down into smaller pieces and vomited some of the chunks it is possible that either none is left in her gastrointestinal tract. Or, she will be able to pass the remaining in the stool. This is what you can do:

1- Change her diet for the next 2-3 days to rice (75%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (25%). The idea is for the rice to help pieces of cob in the feces.

2- If during the next few days you see the following symptoms: lethargy, anorexia, vomiting, constipated or diarrhea, etc. follow up immediately with a veterinarian. These are all signs of a possible obstruction of the intestinal tract. In the meantime, observe her and change her diet as above then wean her back into her regular diet.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter