Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My female shih tzu just a wrapper off of a large blueberry

muffin. Is that going to...
My female shih tzu just a wrapper off of a large blueberry muffin. Is that going to hurt her?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Did she eat the whole thing? Did she tear it up?

She ate the whole tjong. I csn not find sny trace of it. It was one of those over sized muffins. It was big.
Should i have her throw it up?

Is it just the paper casing she ate?

She should be able to partly digest this and it should pass through the digestive system of an average sized shih-tzu without issue.

If you do wish to induce vomiting, and if she has eaten it within the last hour, inducing vomiting should result in her bringing it back up. This can be done with 3% hydrogen peroxide given at 1ml per pound. Encourage her to walk around after she has been given the peroxide to get her stomach contents mixing. You should see her vomit within a few minutes.

Richard Rawling

I'm just following up on our conversation about Maggie. How is everything going?

Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling