Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog is a 6lb chihuahua 3 years old. I put some Neosporin

Customer Question

Hi my dog is a 6lb chihuahua 3 years old. I put some Neosporin cream on his and he licked it off. Now his eyes are a little swolen but he's eating and acting normal. I gave him some benadryl and the swelling seems to be a little less but I'm not sure if I need to take him to the vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Monty
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Monty?
Customer: No he's not on anything and has no major issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+. I would like to assist you.

He may have had an allergic reaction to the Neosporin, very unusal, but can happen. As long as there is no breathing problem he should be ok tonight. You can give 1 mg of Plain Benedryl per pound of body weight every 6-8 hours. Yu can use some Plain saline in the eyes. I would have him into the Vet in the AM as a follow up. It he has any breathing issues, I would have him into the ER.

Please hit reply to discss this information.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

How is your dog doing? I wanted to check in.

Joan