Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is about a year and half old, usually active and

Customer Question

She is about a year and half old, usually active and healthy. Yesterday morning she had one bout of diarrhea, and then again this morning and a couple times throughout the day. About an hour ago she vomited after drinking a lot of water. She's been doing fine the last couple days, but now seems really low energy, and just not quite herself.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I was trying to look and see if there was anything in it. I have six children so it's always a possibility they gave her something. There was just a couple pieces of dog food, and then also something that looked like maybe grain or some sort, maybe popcorn. It was hard to tell.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Freya
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freya?
Customer: Nope, thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

When was the last time vomiting and diarrhea occurred?

Is she eating and drinking well?