Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I live in Sandy, Utah. In a clean 5 bedroom house. Over

Customer Question

Ok.. I live in Sandy, Utah. In a clean 5 bedroom house. Over night I caught 6 mouse with a regular wooden mouse traps. My, Roxy, female, Chi mix, 8 yrs old. Healthy dog, I am deaf. I noticed she would jump out of bed go looking around. One night she caught a mouse and brought up on the bed. I felt something wet and it was a dead mice. A mouth ago. I noticed that there are mouse living in the house. I set the mouse traps and caught 6 this morning!! And I found a wet injured dead mouse on the floor with blood on the blanket. Open wound. I don't know how the mice got there other than Roxy picked it up. It is evening now, and Roxy has not been herself all day. I keep checking her nose, cold, body is warm. Now her nose is getting warmer. Her body is sensitive to touch. Should I do something for her.????
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about I?
Customer: Is my dog infected from the mouse that she has been catching? She caught two from before and one more from this morning.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Is she avoiding stairs, or avoiding jumping up and down from things?

I see that you have read my info request... can you answer my questions?