Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
75966804

We have a male dog that was in a terrible fight with

Customer Question

we have a male dog that was in a terrible fight with something. part of testicle ripped off and he has licked to hot spots. He acts normal but I am getting worried. I sprayed blue coat on it an put him in a cone collar now. My question is we have norocillin 300,000 units per ml for cows which says IM only. The dog weighs about 40lbs. Can i give him the norocillin and how much?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: this happened 4 days ago. Also I meant to say two large hot spots by the testicle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope i can help with your question this evening.

The dose for Norocillin in 1 ml per 25 pounds of body weight every 12 - 24 hours either in the muscle or under the skin. It is always best to have a veterinarian look at wounds like this, so I encourage you to do so if things do not look like they are healing well.

I hope this makes sense & you find the information helpful.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Linda replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Linda