Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog takes 25mg of Deramaxx daily and 100mg of Tramadol.

Customer Question
My dog takes 25mg...

My dog takes 25mg of Deramaxx daily and 100mg of Tramadol. He's been out of Deramaxx for 2-3 days and I can't get it till Thursday. My dog is pretty uncomfortable. Is there a anti inflammatory substitute I could give him so he can at least get some good rest. I've gave him 150mg of Tramadol today in less than 12 hours. Chris W.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

That should say 100mg tramadol twice a day

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

It's his right rear leg. Not sure if it's his hip or the joint below the hip. He's stiff and I'm sure it's from arthritis inflamation. He had a injury as a puppy

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name?

Charley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charley?

He just got over a week or so bout of vomiting and and loose stools. He's still being feed mostly chicken but Im weaning him back onto regular food the last 3 days.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Charley eat anything unusual?

Too many new treats from our new houslekeeper.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about Charley.

Can you tell me how much he weighs?

Thanks, Deb