Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has spots on her tongue mainly down the sides she is…

Customer Question
My dog has white...

My dog has white spots on her tongue mainly down the sides she is drooling more and has trouble licking food from the floor,she is eating but being a lab it takes her a lot to go off her food,i have taken her to the vets twice she has had tests medication but she is still the same.any ides

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Hi her name is ***** ***** she is 12yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Mo?

12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mo?

Her breath is smelly but not sure if this is part of the cause or just her age, when she has a chew or similar she dribbles a lot and makes a mess on the floor

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. These "white spots" are unclear to me. Can you upload a photo(s) of them to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I understand that this might be difficult due to where they're located. Has Mo's vet discussed biopsying a spot for confirmation of what it represents?

Thank you, Nick. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

They're not in focus as you recognized. "White spots" usually indicate papillomavirus but that should have been apparent in a biopsy. Even if the biopsy doesn't tell me what it is, it can rule out things. Can you upload a copy of the biopsy report to our conversation? I understand that you might not have one at home but Mo's vet can give you a copy which you can scan into your computer and then send me the file or you can photograph it and send it as you did the two images.

Hi ***** wil get in contact with the vets to get the report, give me a few days to respond.
Regards Nick

I appreciate it!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?