Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My lab(s) got a hold of a baseball and when I finally caught

Customer Question

My lab(s) got a hold of a baseball and when I finally caught them, there was about a credit card size missing from the leather covering... I'm not sure which one ate it, or if they both had bites. They both seem to be acting normal today and passed a stool this morning. But my one lab didn't throw up some food after taking a bit drink after our walk to the park...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jackpot and Mimi are both black labs. Jackpot is 3 1/2 years old, weighs 58 lbs and Mimi is 2 1/2 years old and weighs 69 lbs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jackpot?
Customer: She has been acting normal, but she usually has a stool when she firsts gets up and when we go to the park 2 hours later. She has only had one stool today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- How long has it been since they ate the piece of leather?

2- Have you been checking their stool to see if they are passing it?