Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 15 year old shihtsu mix was recently diagnosed with

Customer Question
diabetes. i opted to give...
My 15 year old shihtsu mix was recently diagnosed with diabetes. i opted to give her the insulin shots but do find it difficult to keep up with the time schedules. She has now become almost completely blind and she pees and poops everywhere. She eats okay, but her poops come out as wet little blobs. Is she miserable and unhappy? If she is I just want to do the right thing by her. I promised her I wouldnt let her suffer.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Has she been examined by your vet since the onset of blindness?

What foods are you feeding at this time?

Have any diagnostics been performed on her stools?

When was a blood glucose curve last performed?