Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I would like to ask if I can give enrofloxacin (ataxin)

Customer Question

hello doctor.. i would like to ask if I can give enrofloxacin (ataxin) along with Atarax 25 mg as prescribed by vet or shd i give a gap of 1 hour
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: actually it was itching a log on the neck region.. so doctor gave examined and diagnosed as pyoderma
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: afterwards i took a govt. vet.. there he has given one deworming injection, prescriped Ataxin 150 mg b.i.d., Atarax 25 mg b.i.d., and a shampoo with a spray type thing to be mixed with 150 ml water and spray after bathing every 3 days and spray and dry it for 3 hours.. with a mouth gaurd
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: dog's name is buddy (labrador.. 5 months completed plus 2 days)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: actually buddy was staying in a garage under my husband's manager's supervision from the past 2 months.. (on weekends it used to come and stay with us)................i noticed a pungent smell (horrible) from the past one month.. then now that smell i think is pus smell
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If I am not mistaken, you question is if you can give the enrofloxacin and Atarax at the same time, or should they be separated by an hour, correct? If so, then you can give the medications together. Neither should affect the absorption or the metabolism of the other. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Buddy is doing and to see if you have any other questions.