Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My little dog is a maltese and 12 years old .she has ear

Customer Question
allergies/ infections now and then...
My little dog is a maltese and 12 years old .she has ear allergies/ infections now and then : the vet gave her both CLAVET and BETABS PROGNISONE and shes on this for the last 10 days . She strted vomiting and the vet says she jas pancreatitis . They now have her on a drip with glucose and morphine . Could the tablets have causes this , thank you what do you suggest to fix it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Maltese eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not at all same as always a bit of rice and mince
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the Maltese's name?
Customer: Milou
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milou?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. Sorry to hear that Milou is not doing well. It is unlikely that either medication caused a pancreatitis. They can cause an upset stomach, but pancreatitis would be unlikely. Dogs usually develop pancreatitis from something they ate, usually something with a high fat content. It can also be due to an infection or cancer. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Milou is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian