Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My eleven year old American can only walk very slowly and

Customer Question

My eleven year old American can only walk very slowly and constantly pants. She also has a distinctive limp on one of her front legs. She was hit by a car 4 years ago that did a lot of internal damage, including a collapsed lung. Any advice would be most welcome
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, I would have expected some licking but that is not happening. Could it just be old age or maybe arthritis?
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Rosie.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosie?
Customer: Well, she did have calcification on one of her hip sockets removed when she was younger, also I now have to lift het in to the car.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What breed of dog is Rosie?
2) Is she on any medication at this time?