Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I rehomed my dog the people who took her text me stating she…

Customer Question
I rehomed my dog...

I rehomed my dog the people who took her text me stating she is being aggressive towards kids and other dogs I'm not sure what to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

I need to have her put down i can't take a chance that she will bite she is very strong thats why I had to rehome her I have paid lots of money having her trained but she getting worse

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Tempie she is 4yrs I called the res cue I got her from and they suggest with everything I have tried they suggest I put her down

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Tempie?

4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tempie?

She hates going to the vet she is perfect if she stays inside

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
The couple that took Tempie there apt has had reports about her and they were told because she is aggressive she can't live their. I cant take her back.
I live in LONG Beach, Ca
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best assist you today with Temple?

Looking for a vet to put my aggressive dog down in long beach,ca
Don't want to switch to phone

I'll be happy to help you find a location that can perform the service. Can you clarify for me: Has she issued a bite to any human thus far since being rehomed?

No they said that she lunged toward a child with teeth showing and grawling.

Thank you for the additional information. Here are some clinics I would try. Most clinics work with aggressive animals, so just be sure to inform them at the time of scheduling an appointment that you'll be bringing an aggressive dog in. I would urge you to leave her in the car until they're ready to take you back to a room and muzzle her, if you can, before coming into the clinic. If this will put you at risk, avoid and allow the staff to deal with her.

1) http://www.belmontshorevet.com
2) http://www.ambassadorvet.com
3) http://www.primaryvetcare.com
4) http://affordableanimalhospitallb.com
5) http://www.ggpethospital.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwi97NBRD1zZSdkr2-4isSJAD11VlgRPDwy5mOeiDWey5cKJg4XfcAaFaWOgidQA7eaHvLPhoCobbw_wcB

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. Were you able to find a clinic to perform the euthanasia?

I am glad to hear. If you need additional assistance, let me know. I have opened the page for rating at your convenience so that I may be compensated for the research in finding a vet to assist you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer

.