Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Her face is swollen and she vomited out all her food, last

Customer Question
night she had a big...
Her face is swollen and she vomited out all her food, last night she had a big bump under her cheek it just got worst her entire right side is swollen now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the entire eat anything unusual?
Customer: no it's the same food she gets everyday they just gave her chicken feet with the rice
JA: What is the entire's name and age?
Customer: Gromzy is her name and she's about 10 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gromzy?
Customer: just there a large bump on her cheek and the entire right side is swollen now
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

There are two possible reasons for what you are seeing. Once would be an insect bite which could cause the swelling and the vomiting. The second issue may be what I suspect is Carnassial Tooth root abscess. This is the 4th molar usually in the upper row of teeth. We see this in older dogs whicse teeth have problems. As infection sets in the molar and the face will swell on one side. The Vet would put Gromzy on an antibiotic and pull the tooth so the abscess will drain. This is a link about this issue: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2089&aid=382

I suggest Growzy be seen by the Vet tomorrow to be checked for these problems that can be causing the swelling. Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

How is your dog doing? Did the swelling go down? What was the diagnosis?

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech