Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has problems with vomiting off and on and breathing

Customer Question
She has problems with...

She has problems with vomiting off and on and breathing problems since day one when I bought her and the veterinarian's 3 total see no problems she just had a skin tumor removed from her left LBOW she lick's and chews at her paws alot after holding her my clothes have white tiny things and I look Thur a magnificent them on a phone app and they move what do you think

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What sort of animal are we talking about?

A westiehighlander terrier

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the terrier's name and age?

Sugar lily Jones go by lily and she is 13months old bought her at pet land in kansas

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your veterinarian's terrier?

No it my puppy not my veterinarian's puppy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I think she sleeps alot for a young dog too.
9/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long ago did she come home with you?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

What diagnostics have been performed by your vet so far?

Can you provide pictures of the white insects you're seeing?

No stress or new foods never feed human food to my dog and I don't have a photo of white insect so far just your normal shots check for pet dandruff and that tumor from skin infection

It looks like some of the questions I have shared may not have come through.

1) How long ago did she come home with you?

2) What flea/tick prevention is being used at this time and when was it last dosed?

Can you clarify for what purpose the vet is using dexamethasone? This medication is a steroid and not useful against prevention of fleas and ticks. If it's being used, it's probably due to itching caused by fleas. Are you using a topical or oral flea prevention, by chance?

I'm sorry vanguard plus 5
Or is it Bravest I'm not sure by the receipts I'm look ungodly thur

Vanguard plus 5 is a vaccine against distemper and parvo for puppies. Is the line item you're reading Bravecto, by chance? If so, yes, this is an oral tablet given which prevents fleas and ticks for 3 months.

My family emergency has me all upset so let's forget it I'm so done I will just visit a veterinarian in person thank you for you time
The only other appt was for lepto

Let me know if this changes and you'd like to continue our chat.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian