Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has problems with vomiting off and on and breathing

Customer Question

She has problems with vomiting off and on and breathing problems since day one when I bought her and the veterinarian's 3 total see no problems she just had a skin tumor removed from her left LBOW she lick's and chews at her paws alot after holding her my clothes have white tiny things and I look Thur a magnificent them on a phone app and they move what do you think
JA: OK. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A westiehighlander terrier
JA: OK. What is the terrier's name and age?
Customer: Sugar lily Jones go by lily and she is 13months old bought her at pet land in kansas
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your veterinarian's terrier?
Customer: No it my puppy not my veterinarian's puppy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think she sleeps alot for a young dog too.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long ago did she come home with you?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

What diagnostics have been performed by your vet so far?

Can you provide pictures of the white insects you're seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No stress or new foods never feed human food to my dog and I don't have a photo of white insect so far just your normal shots check for pet dandruff and that tumor from skin infection

It looks like some of the questions I have shared may not have come through.

1) How long ago did she come home with you?

2) What flea/tick prevention is being used at this time and when was it last dosed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for the late response had a family emergency. The vet give her dexamethasone 2mg for fleas and ticks every 3mo also I found the picture of the tiny white things
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are some more photos of things I get off her around her eyes every day 2 to 3 time's a day

Can you clarify for what purpose the vet is using dexamethasone? This medication is a steroid and not useful against prevention of fleas and ticks. If it's being used, it's probably due to itching caused by fleas. Are you using a topical or oral flea prevention, by chance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry vanguard plus 5
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or is it Bravest I'm not sure by the receipts I'm look ungodly thur

Vanguard plus 5 is a vaccine against distemper and parvo for puppies. Is the line item you're reading Bravecto, by chance? If so, yes, this is an oral tablet given which prevents fleas and ticks for 3 months.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My family emergency has me all upset so let's forget it I'm so done I will just visit a veterinarian in person thank you for you time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only other appt was for lepto

Let me know if this changes and you'd like to continue our chat.