PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

She has been having some redness/ goo in her eyes, but today

Customer Question

She has been having some redness/ goo in her eyes , but today her left eye started drooping and is turned sideways instead of straight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Pekingese
JA: OK. What is the Pekingese's name and age?
Customer: Millie age 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Millie?
Customer: No , she has no known health issues other than this recent thing with her eyes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did it share the pictures?

They sure did. Are you seeing any protrusion of the third eyelid or conjunctiva in the left eye that you aren't seeing in the right? A closer picture of the left eye in stronger lighting may help.

Is she on any eye medications at this time?

Any history of eye problems in the past?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to get a better picture of it , she does have some mucus like stuff in both eyes that I have been wiping , I thought it was probably allergies, she is not on any medications or anything for eyes .

I'll keep an eye out for the additional picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not letting me upload the pictures on here , I will keep trying though , is there another email or number I could send them too
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Right eye
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay it is now saying they finally uploaded

These are perfect. Thank you.

Unfortunately, this does not look like something that can be treated at home. Not only is the left eye's condition far more advanced than the right, but it looks like there may be more than one medical condition present. There is some opacity that I can see in both eyes that may or may not be age-related. The left eye also appears that it may be infected with the mucus production. Pekes are also prone to conditions like dry eye, so your vet will want to not only stain the eyes and check eye pressures, but check the tear production as well.

If you need help finding a vet that can examine Millie please let me know. They may also want to refer her to an ophthalmological specialist depending on what the results of the aforementioned diagnostics reveal.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Millie today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy