Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian
Experience:  Currently working at 5 different hospitals, love helping animals and people
32859351

I have a yorkie and His penis looks swollen and bright red.

Customer Question

Hi...I have a yorkie and His penis looks swollen and bright red. He hasn't had sex w/another dog humps a stuffed animal all the time. He is very quite and that's not like him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bundles and he 5yrs old
JA: How old is Bundles?
Customer: 5yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bundles?
Customer: No that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Aaron replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Aaron

Please let me know when you're available.

Expert:  Dr Aaron replied 1 month ago.

This can be very serious.

I would definitely take him to your local vet / ER vet as soon as possible.

Dogs can have their penises stuck out for multiple reasons but regardless of the cause...it is important to return to its' normal location otherwise the exposed tissue can lose blood flow and eventually become necrotic.

Sometimes there is a small hair that is wrapped around the penis...if this is the case then we will need to cut the hair and replace the penis into the prepuce/sheath. Other times medications need to be applied to decrease swelling to allow the penis to be replaced.

Please feel free to ask any further questions but I strongly suggest a trip the vet ASAP :)

I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so that I may be compensated for my time.

Have a good night!

Expert:  Dr Aaron replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Aaron