Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 year old collie cross dog has coughed up a 3 cm x 3.5

Customer Question

My 11 year old collie cross dog has coughed up a 3 cm x 3.5 cm size lump of soft, spongy type blood soaked lump. Have seen vet re persistent dry cough, is on antibiotics. He is eating well and bright.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jim ❤️
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jim?
Customer: He has been epileptic since 3yrs old, is on epiphen and gabapentin. Has also been treated for lung worm.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best assist you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning, I would like to know what my dog may have coughed up, what may be causing this persistent hacking cough which on occasion he may bring up something but tends to swallow it. Lastly is there anything I can do or give him to alleviate or soothe the cough. Can safely exclude lung worm as has been treated recently and is on Noroclav antibiotics. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in the U.K., and I am en route to another part of the country so a phone call is not possible.

Do you have pictures of what as produced?

Can you also provide video of the coughing you witness?