Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 10mos old Pitt and her paws are really red. She

Hi! My names Sam. I have a 10mos old Pitt and her paws are really red. She usually licks them sometimes but right now their like bloodshot red and on the sides of her pads she has a blister a 2. Do I need to take her to a vet or is there a home remedy I can do for her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She's a 10 month old Pitt bull. She ran and white so she's already got fare skin. She's my service dog and I'm worried it could be from the pavement. I have little booties for her but it hasn't been to hot, well at least I didn't think so
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bull?
Customer: No mam, other than that she's a typical playful Pitty

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, Sam, I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she licking them excessively?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- Are all 4 paws affected?

5- Can you post a picture on this chat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She licks them periodically, well sometimes a lot. She's always locked her paws but not enough to make them like this. She's about 55lbs. It looks like all 4 paws are red and almost looked chapped. I can try to post a picture

Okay, I will wait for the picture. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I tried I hope it worked
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could it be allergies? Her older sister has allergies.

Thank you; it worked. Can I see a picture of the front part and if possible of her so that I can see all her paws.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her back paws look totally fine but she won't let me take anymore pictures. It's just her front, I thought it was all I was mistaken

Can you take a picture of the front part of the paws while she is standing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you think it could be?

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Sam, I don't think her paws are really that bad. The redness you are seeing is part of her normal pigment. There is some discoloration of the hair in the under part which could be from moisture from the ground (grass) otherwise they look okay. I don't believe that she is licking her paws enough to even consider allergies. I would recommend you wash her paws with an antimicrobial soap like Hibiclens 1-2 times a week. You can buy Hibiclens over the counter in any pharmacy.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok sweet! Ty so much! I really appreciate you Dr. Peter and I'm sure Lacie will be excited to not see a Vet lol! Have a blessed day and I'll get that soap immediately

Sam, she does not need to see a vet for this; she will be fine. I am glad I was here to help.

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter