Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

SURE BUT HIS GUMS ARE SO IS HIS TOUNG AND HES VERY

Customer Question

IM NOT SURE BUT HIS GUMS ARE WHITE SO IS HIS TOUNG AND HES VERY LETHARGIC
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: BOOMER AND HE IS TWO MONTHS OLD
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Boomer?
Customer: THATS IT
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I AM AFRAID ITRVO BUT IM NOT SURE ONE PUPPY HAS ALREADT PASSED AWAY....IT WAS BOOMERS BROTHER
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PARVO....SORRY....HANDS ARE SHAKY
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Boomer. His white gums and tongue indicate profound anemia. That can occur due to blood loss such as seen with a flea anemia as well as arise secondary to any chronic inflammatory disease process. It's not specifically indicative of parvo but if there are other symptoms of parvo it's reasonable to assume that the anemia is related to that infection. Most important, he needs the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. He sounds as if he's anemic enough to consider a blood transfusion. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.