Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She ate a cinnamon raisin bagel when my back was turned. I'm

Customer Question

she ate a cinnamon raisin bagel when my back was turned. I'm pretty irritated and upset with her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She's an eight year old shiba inu no health problems.
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes.
JA: The Expert will know if the Shiba Inu will be able to digest that. What is the Shiba Inu's name?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** didn't have many raisins in the bagel. maybe four or five.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Yuki?
Customer: Nah, she's perfectly healthy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, again, I am sorry for the delay in response it appears no expert was available when you posted your question. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does Yuki weigh?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
35 pounds, give or take
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, as you may already know raisins are toxic to dogs. But, it depends on the number of raisins consumed and weight of the dog. A 35 lbs dog would need to consume at least 1.8 oz of raisins to be concerned about kidney failure. In this case, 4 or 5 raisins will not be toxic or life threatening for your dog.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter