Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She ate a cinnamon raisin bagel when my back was turned. I'm…

Customer Question
She ate a cinnamon...

She ate a cinnamon raisin bagel when my back was turned. I'm pretty irritated and upset with her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She's an eight year old shiba inu no health problems.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the Shiba Inu will be able to digest that. What is the Shiba Inu's name?

Her name is ***** ***** didn't have many raisins in the bagel. maybe four or five.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Yuki?

Nah, she's perfectly healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, I am sorry for the delay in response it appears no expert was available when you posted your question. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does Yuki weigh?

35 pounds, give or take

Friend, as you may already know raisins are toxic to dogs. But, it depends on the number of raisins consumed and weight of the dog. A 35 lbs dog would need to consume at least 1.8 oz of raisins to be concerned about kidney failure. In this case, 4 or 5 raisins will not be toxic or life threatening for your dog.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian