Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Last night and just now (0515), our 7-1/2 year old dog has

Customer Question

Last night and just now (0515), our 7-1/2 year old dog has suddenly starting throwing up with the smell of feces. She seemed fine before this and has eaten and continues to drink her water. I do not know if she is able.to poop since she is very often not seen pooping.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dutchess
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dutchess?
Customer: She is very gentle and relaxed typically. She does seem bothered by the vomit, but who wouldnt? She doesn't eat things that aren't food so I am surprised about this going on. She has been belching for 2 days, but I just assumed.that it was because she was eating her food so fast.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Dutchess, please?

While vomiting is an important symptom it's not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.