Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate two actifeds about 11 am... I took her to the vet

Customer Question
because she is walking in...
My dog ate two actifeds about 11 am... I took her to the vet because she is walking in circles constantly and not responding the same... looking very paranoid... they have her sub cue water pack but she is still doing the same thing... has not slept
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Fancy 4 in November
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Fancy, please?

How much does she weigh? The original formula of Actifed contains 60 mg of pseudoephedrine. Can you tell me how many mg were present in your Actifed product? She could have ingested 120 mg and at a dose of 2.3 -2.7 mg/lb elevated body temperature, wide open pupils, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, vomtiing, disorientation, and seizures can arise. Deaths have occurred at doses greater than 4.5 - 5.5 mg/lb. She should never have been released from the vet hospital until she were monitored carefully and treated appropriately.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian