Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I read you could give them allergy medicine, he has been

Customer Question

I read you could give them allergy medicine, he has been scratching really bad for the last couple days and I thought i would give him some allergy medicine to help his itching until tomorrow so i could take him to the Vet. He is a Bull Mastiff weights about 110 lbs I gave him a Zyrtec D, and he has been acting really weird. I am really worried about him. So i read on the internet NOT to give it to dogs. So now im really freaking out... Is there something I should do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: I read you could give them allergy medicine, he has been scratching really bad for the last couple days and I thought i would give him some allergy medicine to help his itching until tomorrow so i could take him to the Vet. He is a Bull Mastiff weights about 110 lbs I gave him a Zyrtec D, and he has been acting really weird. I am really worried about him. So i read on the internet NOT to give it to dogs. So now im really freaking out... Is there something I should do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'll need you to obtain the package you originally used and inform me of how many milligrams of medication you've given.

How long ago did this occur?