Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog threw up twice and now has diarrhea with mucus in it,

Customer Question

my dog threw up twice and now has diarrhea with mucus in it, all in the last 3 or four hours. I put spectracide weed killer on some holly in my yard today and I'm worried he may have licked the plants or stepped in it then licked his feet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: hes really lethargic right now, barely keeping his eyes open while he sits, but tossing and turning when he sleeps, and shaking a litte
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Aside from the insecticide, have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?