Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Charlie, 6 year old terrier mix weighs about 29 pounds not

Customer Question

Charlie, 6 year old ***** ***** terrier mix weighs about 29 pounds not eating great. Went to the groomer yesterday . He wears a flea/tick collar but she killed two fleas on him and gave him a flea bath. We gave him a Sentinel when he came home. He now has a fever of 104.1. Can this wait until the morning or should I take him to emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Charlie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: Generally we've been trying to upgrade his food to more protein based the last few months. Sometimes he doesn't eat it. Just tried a new can of Merrick. Wet salmon mix and he wouldn't eat it. I wonder if he senses something wrong with the food
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?