Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a beagle that began limping and is shaking and

Customer Question

I have a beagle that began limping and is shaking and chattering her teeth. I have had her to the vet twice in the last two weeks and have run every test to rule out Lyme disease and elevated White cell counts in addition to diabetes. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Is there something else that was not considered that would be causing my girl to shiver and be unable to walk?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. That was the first thing I looked at when this all started
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Noel. I adopted her from a shelter two years ago and they though t she was 12. She was a puppy mill mother and was highly overbread. Would anything possibly be causing this as a result of that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Noel?
Customer: Not that I know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am I gonna get an answer?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

yes, give me a sec....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

This is DRB and I just got your question and I need to read history and respond....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

So, you indicated your dog is limping....which leg is it?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I would be happy to help you if you can give me some information about which leg your dog is having problems with......if I don't hear back then I will leave you best answer I can........

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her back left leg
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

so possibilities are anterior cruciate ligament, hip problems, lyme, bartonella,ehrlihiosis,disc problems in back, nerve root tumors......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

those are common things that come to mind....let me know if I can answer any other questions for you....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions.....