How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5542
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dog may have swallowed a AAA battery. Called my vet after

Customer Question

Dog may have swallowed a AAA battery. Called my vet after house
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Charlie. Not sure of age. Adopted 5 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: Has extreme allergies, on prednosone and benedryl
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- Did he chew the battery or swallowed it whole?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- How long has it been since he swallowed the battery?