Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our javanese dog eight years is chewing his underbelly. Has

Customer Question

our javanese dog eight years is chewing his underbelly. Has just finish steroid/allergy medication. Vet thought this would stop this disgusting habit.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Milo he is otherwise healthy.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milo?
Customer: He got into a dead eel carcus when we were on vacation at the lake.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Did the steroid medication seem to help at all?