Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a pitbull 5/6 years old he has a breathing problems.I

Customer Question

I have a pitbull 5/6 years old he has a breathing problems.I was told when he was a puppy he used to catch rats and kill them .I was also told the man that haday blue as a puppy use go give him a pill a day would u have any ideal what it could be he can't hardly breath its all full
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Pitbull?
Customer: He has a real bad breathing problem and is over weight. The person who I got him from who is now passed away told me when he was a puppy he use to eat rats . He also told meveryone he would give him a pill a day which helped him breath better. At the moment later homeless and on SSI and can't afford a large vet bill. Can you tell me the name of the medication he could of possibly taken every day when he was a about 2 YRS old.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I'm scared that one day went he has his breathing attack that I won't be able to get through it. He can't even walk a short block without breathing attack . Would like to get some medication to help him breath clearly. Do you know what would help him ?
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Pitbull?
Customer: He's very much over wieght
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
lots of gas all ways
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lots of gas allways
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your dog is having trouble breathing sometimes, especially when walking. You would like to know what medication was given to him in the past that helped him with this problem. Is that a correct summary?