Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 12 year old shitzu unable to urinate. has had tones

Customer Question

my 12 year old shitzu unable to urinate. has had tones surgically removed in past. unable to get to a vet right now any suggestions to make her more comfortable
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: she is a11 pound shit zu
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the's name?
Customer: maybe I am confused, I told you she is a shih tzu
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Shih Tzu?
Customer: my 12 year old shitzu unable to urinate. has had stones surgically removed in past. unable to get to a vet right now any suggestions to make her more comfortable
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear that your girl is having some issues. What is her name? Is still eating and drinking well? When she postures to urinate, does she get any urine out?