Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Wouldn't eat last night wanted to be alone this morning I

Customer Question

Wouldn't eat last night wanted to be alone this morning I found a small pike of vomit and a small turd and him just laying down. He got up and went to go in the kitchen and fell over stiff and laid there like that for a minute or two and I just talked to him and petted him and the he started moving and rolled over He laid there a minute then got up and went and laid down in the living room and had been there since. He is a minsture schnauzer and will be ten in two weeks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Otherwise he has been healthy but he does have a lump on his chest
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your guys condition. It is hard to know what may be causing this since the symptoms are vague for any specific condition. It may be that your guy is starting to suffer a pancreatitis causing the digestive disturbance which has been followed by a petite mal seizure secondary to this disturbance. I would advise you to take your guy to your vet or the ER vet because this could be very serious for your guy including a possible stroke or life threatening pancreatitis. For now, fast your guy and give him Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of his weight every 8 hrs to help resolve this digestive issue. This is available at the phramacy over teh counter. If the symptoms worsen, take him to the ER vet....I am very worried about your guy!

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but I did forget to mention that last week he did this same thing but he didn't completely fall over he was walking and back legs went out and he fell against the bed and his head went stiff and he just stayed there for a minute or two. Then just laid around all day like he is doing now. Could it be seizures

Yes, this could be a mild petite mal seizure. It could be Epilepsy or something connected to the other condition. I believe that this is more complicated tan a mild digestive disturbance so when it is possible, have blood work and testing done on your sweet guy! I am a mini schnauzer lover and know they have issues as they age that may require veterinary attention.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The last two years he has been a finicky eater so the eating thing I am used to but the other thing that seems like seizures is new and scares me but I do have to say I am embarrassed as I am newly separated and barely making ends meet and don't have the money for a vet right now and I feel so bad. I am trying to find ways to get the money together to get him to the vet

I know things can be hard...I am so sorry. For now, however, try to get the digestive disturbance under control so your guy is comfortable. You can do testing to determine why he is having these episodes later when you have the money to do so. I do not believe that your sweet guy is in a life threatening situation so just do the best that you can. It also may be that your guy has severe arthritis that is causing him distress and that can be hard on him. Just do the best that you can....I can tell you love him very much and you are doing great so far.