Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can a dog have a tape worm? Scooter 12,Boston. Wants to eat…

Customer Question
Can a dog have...

Can a dog have a tape worm?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Scooter 12,Boston. Wants to eat all the time and is over weight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Has that esophagas problem'I'm giving him temaril twice a day.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Scooter.

Dogs do get tapeworms. When they do, you will see small white moving segments on the rear end or in the stool. They are about the size and color of a piece of rice.

Tapeworms do not usually make dogs sick, eat more or lose weight.

What is the esophagus problem he has?

If he is overweight but hungry, he could be hypothyroid. This can be treated after checking for hypothyroidism with a blood test.

Please let me know if this helps and what other questions I can answer.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you can see what I sent!

Please let me know if this is helpful and if you have any other questions.