Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My puppy grl is going on 3yrs old um my question is it

Customer Question

Hi my puppy grl is going on 3yrs old um my question is it normal for her to be bleeding near her vagina
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your puppy?
Customer: Ah she mite be abit late on her 2nd lot of vaccination shot's
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 month ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Is your girl spayed?

Is the bleeding coming from the rectal area, vaginal area or urethra? You can take a white cloth and dab each area to determine where it is coming from?

Did she have all her puppy shots?

When was she at the vet last?