Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Out puppy sounds like she is sneezing and has hiccups she…

Customer Question
Out puppy sounds like...

Out puppy sounds like she is sneezing and has hiccups she vomited about 10 minutes ago and appears to be shivering when she tries to stop the sneeze

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

She may have eaten some adult biscuits that are left out for our sons dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sophie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?

She is 10 weeks old and has had both sets of vaccinations so far and is booked for her next vaccination in a couple of weeks she doesn't want her favourite toy

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Sophie is calm laying on my wife's lap the noise is less frequent now
9/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How is Sophie now?

Any breathing changes, more sneezing or nasal discharge?

Any more retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?