Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 6 year old Aussie shepherd. She was fine all day. I

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old Aussie shepherd. She was fine all day. I was gone for three hours and just got home. She is laying on floor, will not get up or eat. Usually she meets me at the door and is a glutton for food. I noticed her rear leg was wet and see I huge stain on couch. I tried to get her to walk to her cage and she suddenly took off running and then layed down. She's did this twice, like a burst of energy. Now she won't even lift her head up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Vada
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Vada?
Customer: Just that she is usually very spunky so seeing her lay here is s hard she did. eat breakfast and I gave her a tramadol in case she is in pain.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did give her a heart guard yesterday...she has never had any reactions...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her nose is dry
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She got up around noon, ate, and is back to normal! :) It was a long night though as she wouldnt even lift her head. Not sure if she ate something but we are so relieved!

I am glad to hear it. Let me know if you need any further support.