Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a boxer, female who is 9 years old who had her spleen

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** and I have a boxer, female who is 9 years old who had her spleen taken out 3 months ago and was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer and given 3-6 months to live. I live in Tampa with Irma approaching with no vets available. She is on 50 mg (4) tramadol, 3 times a day but tonight she has taken a turn for the worse. She seems like she is in severe pain. Please help what can I do. I also have xanax on hand. Thank you.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Boxer's name?
Customer: Koko Craven, Metzler Veterinary Hospital Clearwater l.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Koko?
Customer: No, Please help[. Can I increase the dosage of tramadol 50 mg4, 3 times a day or increase xanax 5 mg as needed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Koko is appearing in pain recently. I see she had her spleen removed and was diagnosed with cancer. Hemangiosarcoma is the usual cancer that affects this organ, so I am assuming this is the one we are talking about. I am sorry to hear about the problem she is having. Can you please tell me about how much she weighs? I would like to calculate her dosage of Tramadol and Xanax if it will need to be given.