Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog sight is going bad. noticed today he is not following my…

Customer Question
Dog sight is going...

Dog sight is going bad.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Noticed today he is not following my hand with the ball in hand like he usually does. kind of bumped into the wall when walking too.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He is being treated for yeast infection on his paws.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Ashton, age 9, mix terrier (***** ***** and west highland maybe)

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Ashton?

9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ashton?

Last weekend he went to the vet due to panting and constant paw licking to the point there was hair loss and redness.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Just went to vet. Did a pressure check on his eyes and one was at 10. But they see nothing so far. They think it could be internal with the eyes or brain.I just brought him home and walked right into the bushes then a wall.

Did they perform any bloodwork?

Did they recommend a visit to an eye specialist?

It may be time to consider a halo to keep your companion safe: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=35588&cmpid=01cseYY&ref=6191&subref=AA&cmpid=PLA_G_6191&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxdPNBRDmARIsAAw-TUmpnaq6O9RaKhc5tXacpVN21h0ps-Bf3eqEFd7x74TXTbENPdvD4IsaAu1VEALw_wcB Eventually the eyes may sustain injury if he keeps walking in to objects.

Appt tomorrow with eye specialist. Did not ask ms to do bloodwork

The eye specialist may recommend this tomorrow. There are many conditions which can lead to vision loss including diabetes, kidney disease and so forth. They may also recommend checking your companion's blood pressure, for good measure, even though the eye pressures were normal (10 is the low end normal range). The eye specialist will have other diagnostics at their facility that your vet will not have that will help them to determine why the vision impairment has occurred.

Checking in. How is Ashton today?

.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse