Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

A mother dog was just vaccinated and her pups have nursed…

Customer Question
A mother dog was...

A mother dog was just vaccinated and her pups have nursed for about a minute after 2 days of her vaccination what can happen to the pups.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Nothing it was time for her shots and we didn't know about the danger to the pups if they nurse again.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

The pups are 5 weeks old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

And eating on their own.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious problems there. How is the dog behaving differently?

I'm worried about the pups nursing from her

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What vaccines did the mother dog receive?