Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 5 month old American standard pit mix who weighs

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 5 month old American standard pit mix who weighs about 30 to 35lbs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the pit?
Customer: she ate 2 vitamin D3 2000iu and 1/2 of Zoloft which should be about 50mg
JA: The Expert will know if the pit will be able to digest that. What is the pit's name?
Customer: it has been about 50minutes since she, Rosie, ate them
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pit?
Customer: she ate dinner and drank a bunch of water and looks a little dopier than usual but is still running around playing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, the amount of Vitamin D3 Rosie ate is not going to be toxic and the Zoloft is within therapeutic range. Rosie will be fine; no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter