Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He ate several lorazepam tablets 0.5 mg weighs about 25

Customer Question

He ate several lorazepam tablets 0.5 mg weighs about 25 pounfs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bla
JA: How old is Bla?
Customer: His name is blackie. and he is 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blackie?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

There's quite a range of anecdotal dosing of lorazepam in dogs - 0.01 to 0.25 mg/lb of body weight - which would be equivalent to 0.25 - 6 mg for Blackie. He's going to remain well although you might see increased appetite, aggression, increased activity/excitement, and vocalization. As the dose increases, ataxia ("drunken sailor"), somnolence (sleepiness), and lethargy can occur. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.