Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

He's a 14 week old cheasapeake and weighs 25lbs. He ate e..

Customer Question

he's a 14 week old cheasapeake and weighs 25lbs. He ate e.b. stone citrus and fruit tree fertilizer. Should I take him to ER
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Paddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Paddy?
Customer: No he's otherwise healthy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry Paddy has you worrried.

This Fetilizer can cause Gastointestinal distress that can last 24-48 hiurs to include diarrhea and vomiting. The Biggest issue that causes problems, is the Fertilizer can grow mold and that is what is most toxic. I would have him see the Vet as he may need nausea medication and fluids if it starts to affect him.

Please let me know if you have questions on this information.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in on the Puppy since eaiting the fertilizer. How is Paddy doing?

Joan