Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I gave my 42 lb dalmatian mix 37mg of benadryl to calm her…

Customer Question
Hi! I gave my...

Hi! I gave my 42 lb dalmatian mix 37mg of benadryl to calm her from her anxiety from the hurricane, but she's druling. No other symptoms. Is she ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She doesnt seem to hurt- when we call her she comes and wags her tail. All she had weird was the drool

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Luna- 6 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna-?

Nope- shes in great health

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Was this capsules, tablets or a liquid you have her?

Has she drank any water since this started?