Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a female cocker spaniel. She's a shelter dog. She is

Customer Question

I have a female cocker spaniel. She's a shelter dog. She is estimated to be about eight years old. My neighbor saw her walk right into my mailbox post. He said she smacked it pretty good.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: I witnessed her walk right into a porch step that she goes in the out of every single day many times and she hit so hard that she bit her lip and caused the lip caused it to bleed. She also has been acting unusual seems anxious confused and she was not walking on all four legs. She was walking with her right hind leg pulled up. I assessed her for pain and she did not have seem to have pain weight-bearing or manipulation.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. There is nothing
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?
Customer: She has dry eye
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a female cocker spaniel approximately eight years old. I had a neighbor tell me that she had recently ran right into the mailbox post. Yesterday she was walking in the house that she has done thousands of times and smacked right into the front step with her head. She hit so hard she caused your lip to bleed. She's also been acting up. She seems anxious and disoriented. I noticed after she hit her head that she was working on only three legs. Her right rear leg she was not putting down. I check for cats injuries or any trauma that there was none. I also simulate Weight bearing movement to assess if it was a joint or something injured. I also manipulated her hip and her leg in many different directions and she seem to have no pain. I'm wondering if she's had a stroke.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Has she had any diagnostics performed such as an examination to be sure she isn't losing her vision, bloodwork, x-rays to check for arthritis, etc? If so, when was this last performed?